Parent Orientation Day
Dover American International School
Welcome to our Parent Orientation Open House
Tuesday September 3rd, 2019 – 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
Program for the Day – September 3rd, 2019
- Parents will be directed to the division (s) that their children will be attending school
- High School / Middle School parents will receive a short presentation provided by the Vice-Principal in charge of the division. After this presentation is completed subject teachers will be located in designated rooms. Each teacher will introduce themselves and provide an overview of the program they will be presenting this year.
- Kindergarten / Elementary parents will be directed to their child’s classroom. Individual teachers will introduce themselves and provide an overview of this year’s program.
First Day of School – Wednesday September 4th, 2019
Morning Drop – off
- Morning Drop -off – All parents are responsible for transporting their child (ren) to school in the morning of the first day of school. Please note students are not to enter the school through the front entrance. Students will be greeted by staff at the designated gate for their division and directed to an area where they will be assigned to their classroom teacher.
- School Transportation – Students who will be taking the school transportation, will return home on the school bus.
- Non – Bus Students – Students who do not take school transportation will be dismissed at their designated gate.
- Pre – Kindergarten Students -12:00 Noon to 2:00 P.M.
- 12:00 noon – 1:00 P.M. – parents are to arrive with their child and participate in a garden party that will take place in the Kindergarten outside the play area.
- 1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. – parents along with their child are invited to the Pre-Kindergarten room where they will receive a presentation concerning program plus participate in the sample activities.
- Dismissal time will be at 2:00 P.M. on this first day
- KG1 – 9:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M.
- 9:00 A.M. to 9:30 A.M. – students and parents will be participating in a welcome garden party in the Kindergarten outside play area.
- 9:30 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. – students will participate in their first day of school
- 9:30 A.M. – Parents are dismissed; 2:30 P.M. Students are dismissed
- KG2 – 7:30 A.M. to 2:30 P.M.
- 7:30 A.M. to 8:00 A.M. – students and parents will participate in a welcome garden party in the Kindergarten outside play area.
- 8:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. – students will participate in their first day of school
- 8:00 A.M. – Parents are dismissed; 2:30 P.M. Students are dismissed
Elementary / Middle School / High School
- Students will participate in a regular school day – 7:30 A.M. to 2:30 P.M.